View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:37

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi melanie, there's always a few favourite clothes we save in the back of the closet hoping to one day fit back into them. 6 years ago i went on the "food and the gut reaction" diet (very similar to the low carb way of eating except you're allowed to eat fruit and honey) the goal was not to loose weight but to heal my bowels(ulcerative colitis) i did lose 30 lbs though and kept it off until i had to have my gallbladder out. anyway, i have some beautiful clothes that used to fit that i'm dying to fit into again.
last year when we went to europe with my ailing dad, i wouldn't buy any neat clothes because i refused to believe that i would remain this heavy. how sad is that?
i also love to travel although i had not done much while i was married to my exhusband. he always claimed we couldnot afford it but i find it interesting that on my own i have been able to afford to travel much more.
i have managed to help my kids to understand that you can't afford not to travel. it broadens and enriches your live so much.
canada is truly a beautiful country. if i were to visit it for the first time i would visit the rocky mountains. i took my kids on a horse back trip into the mountains a few years ago. it was an incredible trip. we slept in logging tents and ate in a cook tent. we really roughed it. and we spent all day riding to remote places in the mountains and seeing things very few people get to see. it was awesome. then i guess i'd see newfoundland. it's very rugged and very picturesque.
i guess you can tell i'm a woodsy, roughen it kind of girl.
i don't think i could handle the dessert, no trees. the land is so naked.
my daughter just called needing some encouragement about the diet. it's costing her a fortune so i suggested that we find some recipes that we could improvise with and cut down some of the cost. and she's getting sick of eggs.
i'll grind up a bunch of pork rinds for her to make "french toast" some mornings. that should help a bit.
she's trying to save for a "teach and travel" course that will teach her how to teach english to children in foreign countries. it's been a dream of hers for years and now that its getting close she's finding that her diet is "eating" into her "teach and travel" funds. ironic eh?
she's so determined though to stay on the diet andstill save money to go. i think she will have her cake and eat it too.
anyway have to go pick up the paycheques so........
later
jane