View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:02

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Measuring vs. the dreaded scales

I am one of those people who is addicted to the scales. I even have weighed myself multable times a day. I would like to try and break myself of this addiction, but it really has a tight hold on me. What you all say about the scales not being an accurate messure of fat loss makes sense. The problem for me is being able to get an accurate measurment of my size. (do I even want to know?) Because I carry so much of my weight around the middle and also due to having 5 abdominal surgeries, I can't seem to get an accurate measure of my waist. I don't really have a waist anymore. Using a pair of pants to measure sounds like a reasonable idea, yet all my pants have elastic...which again, does not make for an accurate measurment. I could measure my arm or thigh I suppose, but those are the last places for a loss to show on me. Does anyone else out there have this type of problem? If measurments are not a good "measure" of weight loss for me, then I'm stuck with the dreaded scale, and that is just depressing me.
According to the scale, I've lost 7 lbs in two weeks. Although that isn't horrible, it certainly isn't the loss that many people seem to experience. Of course, I want results now and my impatience is probably plays into the "scale addiction". Any words of encouragement or any suggestions of alternate measurment of fat loss would be sooooooo welcome.
Sponsored Links