#5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 23:19
Registered Member

Plan: Need one
Stats: 240/240/200
BF:
Progress: 0%

Rosebud and Teri:

Clearly ladies after my own heart (glad somebody is!) - I'm much encouraged by your words of wisdom.

I have a (natural?) reluctance to buying into a 'plan' though, food should be such a natural thing. Two thirds of the world (the healthiest two thirds) lives on rice, something LC claims is evil.

I don't want to join millions of people who are afraid of thier food and we shouldn't need a book to tell us what to eat (never mind the motives of the authors).

One of the premises I read says that cave men ate more animal flesh and only a few boxes of granola, and we're really not much different. I'm not, my cave has a network in the bedroom (she doesn't understand) - but there's an equal and opposite argument - we're obviously omnivorous canine teeth have all but disappeared and we can move the jaw in a grinding motion (canines cannot) - this supports an argument that we have learned to eat LESS meat over time.

To hear a doctor spout off on the evils of a banana (or whatever) is kinda frightening to me, at one time they had eloquent arguments for a frontal lobotomy! I dunno about yours, but my doctor is an idiot and grumpy too, he thinks the world is round. Who am i going to believe, him or banana?

If no one ate meat there would be enough grain to feed the world - and what about respect for life, the abuse of animals? Woe is me! Maybe I should just learn to be a happy fat guy and shut up!

Nat:

Sweet of you to ask. Yes, it was implicit, maybe I just wanted to hear from those who understood...

rev