View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 10:33

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

For what it's worth, my sister's wedding was this weekend, and I did eat some carbs (including dessert) at both the rehearsal dinner and at the wedding. Thursday dinner was grilled salmon and veggies, salad, bread, a few drinks and a shared mousse dessert. Friday was chicken parmesan, rice pilaf, veggies, a roll, champagne, a real Coke and wedding cake. (Kinda strange, but I was more afraid of the aspartame than the sugar.) On both days, I was near to zero carbs up until the dinner, and then I ate the meals as they were served, without trying to come in under the 1 hour "Heller" limit. I either never left ketosis, or I was back by the time I tested before lunch on Saturday. After that, it was back to the straight and narrow (i.e. induction)!

Basically, this WOL does allow for a few deviations as long as they are truly once-in-a-while deviations and not everyday lapses. Do be careful not to use this example as license to cheat at will tho. Caveat Eator! (I can't believe I just typed that, pardon me while I run!)

Cheers,

Friday