#18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 08:05

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Making "Chips"

Linda –

I came up with a pretty good system for making chips from cheese over the weekend. Here it is:

Start with an ounce slice of cheese that’s about ¼” thick and cut that in half. Place the half ounce on a flat plate – not plastic – in the micro, and microwave for one minute. Remove from the micro and peel the cheese from the plate with a spatula or pancake flipper, working the edges up first, and getting to the middle part last. Let cool. (It’s worth mentioning that the plate gets pretty hot, and I needed to use pot holders for this process.)

I had the best results when making multiple chips by alternating between two plates. I was actually washing one plate with cool water while the other was in use in the micro. This prevented the plate from overheating, and got rid the residue from the last piece of cheese, both of which kept the “chip” from melting out to the edges of the dish, and made it a manageable size for dipping!

Yes, it was quite the “mad scientist” weekend! I tried a lot of methods before I figured out what was working and what wasn’t.

The funniest thing about my pursuit of the perfect “chip” is that I never liked chips and things when I was eating high carb! (If it wasn’t chocolate, I usually didn’t give it a second look.)

Hope this helps …
Rhu