View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 17:04

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%
Default First time poster, with BIG question

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking here for the last two months, this is my first post(I finally got my own computer). I'm getting frustrated and need some advice.
I did Atkins 4 years ago and lost 90 pounds in 6 months, so I don't think I'm metabolically resistant. I switched to low-fat and gained. Anyway I've been back on this WOE since April 1, 2002. I've been eating between 1500-2000 calories a day, depending on my appetite and 5-10g of carbs per day(mostly from eggs). I only allow 1 serving of cheese and cream and my diet mostly consists of meat and fats. I workout 6 days a week doing Tae Bo for 30-45 minutes a day and lift weights and work abs an additional 15-30 minutes two days a week. So far I haven't lost a single pound or inch. I also drink at least a gallon of water each day.
I'm not a huge veggie fan but last Monday I started adding 2-3 servings of veggies a day. I realized I wasn't following induction by the rules and learned through several posts that sometimes too FEW carbs can prevent you from losing. So I'm now eating between 15-20g carbs a day. Did I make the right decision?
I still haven't seen any weight loss, but this past week was TOM so it's probably too soon to tell... My second question is, I've noticed since adding these extra carbs I'm get fuller faster but am also hungrier sooner. What is my body telling me?
I'm 25 years old, 5'3 and weigh 156.
Sorrry this is so long, I just felt I needed to give some background.
Sponsored Links