View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 16:38

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%
Default Bra ranting!

Lessara, I'm with you on the breast thing. Why do all bra manufacturers think that plus- size women have plus sized boobs???!!!! Even when I was pregnant and weighed about 270, I still had trouble filling a C cup. And now, well, it's a case of the incredible shrinking boobs! If you go into Lane Bryant or one of the other fat-lady stores, all the bras that are big around are a DD! I went to a store in the Baltimore area called "We Fit" -- it's one of those no-nonsense places with old ladies in orthopedic shoes who measure you and then recommend a bra. Well, after the lady measured me, she said (loudly) "You're very SMALL, aren't you?! We don't have a bra that will fit you, I don't think!" Needless to say, I have NOT been back! Since I've lost weight, it's evened out a little, but now I barely fill a B cup, and I'm still about a 40 around. Currently, I'm limping along with old, worn out bras because I HATE bra shopping!

As for the body-type thing, I think most of us are kind of a combo. I'm a pear. Small chest, medium waist, and very muscular, big legs. Hips aren't huge, but they are much bigger than chest. As I've aged, the hardest area to lose from is my waist.