View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Alice

I too prefer the couch to anything else...........HOWEVER.....we live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Pick yourself off the couch and go exploring. That is what I have done. It has only been about 3 weeks now for me. ( I started to hike before starting over with LC) But my results are incredible already! I am not tired. I do not feel pain when I stand. I can walk without the shin splints. I get to enjoy nature. My dogs loves me for it. My husband loves me for it. My ass doesn't feel like its sitting around my knees, and it isn't hitting me on my back either. This is all in just three short weeks. I don't even do the hike every day. Sometimes I just take my dog to the park, and give it a good pace. Start out slow...take deep breaths...think about what you see, smell, hear. It has been great for me. Maybe you will enjoy it too. On the other hand, we all have to find what is right for us. I would never enjoy running, or soccer, or grass hockey. I do like volley ball, and have been invited to play on Monday nights. I haven't gone yet, but I will soon. You just have to think about what you might like to do, and do it!