View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-02, 11:24

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Kent, if you re read Dolly's initial message she was wondering if her number were correct - and yes, you're right, she was correct. But she was also questioning the value of losing 23 lbs of lean body mass. Which she was right to do - you don't want to be sacrifcing that for the sake of a lower scale weight (at least IMHO you don't).

I believe from her more recent posts she has re evaluated her final goal with the aim of keeping all the LBM she currently has, and perhaps growing some more

Quote:
Achieving a bodybuilders physic takes many hours a day in the gym and a top priority of life. Even then, many people simply don't have the type of body to achieve big growth and some people are just naturally very muscular.

This may seem like it's true, but it just isn't. There is little benefit of being in the gym for hours every day - it is actually quite counter productive. The majority of people who tend to spend hours working out 6 or 7 days a week keep at it because they are not seeing results. They are not seeing results because they spend so much time in the gym. It's a Catch-22.

Yes, some of us are naturally more muscular than others - genetics most certainly plays a role in this. However, it is possible to transform one's body without moving out of your home and into a gym Muscle growth happens when you rest, in the time inbetween working out.

Have you read through Trainerdan's Story in the success stories forum? His is the classic case of someone who was told he could not transform his shape. I think we'll all agree that this isn't the case. To top it off, he recently revealed that he is a diabetic.

Many of us (lowcar.ca members) who have and are currently following the BFL training program have and are in the process of changing our shapes. We spend three 45 minute sessions lifting weights and three 20 minute sessions doing some kind of cardio (interval training). I don't think you'll find anyone following this program who'll tell you it's excessive. It amounted to a lot less time spent working out for me than what I had been doing prior to BFL.

My stats do not show my weight because they are numbers that are irrelevant to me - the fact that I have lost in excess of 80 lbs of fat and gained 15-20 lbs of lean mass is lost when the scale is used as a frame of reference. It means more to me that I have gone from barely being able to wear a size 20 to fitting into my size 12 wardrobe again. And like you it means a lot to me that my blood profile has improved and that my blood pressure has come down.

Nat