View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-02, 03:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%

No, I haven't eaten anything to trigger my cravings. Not until the protein bites and they aren't very sweer. I am even taling glutamine, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have really only lost 2 pounds because my set point is 118. I just happened to start this WOE after a couple of pig-out days, so my weight was up. It would have dropped to 118 in 2-3 days, anyway. It always does. I was even up to 124 once and 2 days later, back to 118.

That's why I am feeling so desperate. I have been 116 several times before, but it always returns to 118 in a day or two. Maybe I haven't lost any weight at all. Every morning I am afraid to weigh myself, but I need to be able monitor my progress to see if I need to change anything.

If the whole idea is to break addictions to sugar, why do so many people here and on other boards talk so much about low-carb desserts, chocolate mousse, SF jello with whipped cream, low-carb cheesecake, etc.? Reading about these treats is what makes me think that they are part of this WOE. Atkins even has dessert recipes in his book and he produces tons of sweet products.

Isn't that a bit misleading if these things will derail our efforts and feed our addictions? No wonder I am confused!