Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 18:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Losing lean body mass??

Quote:
Originally posted by Dollygrrl
But I don't think I want to lose 23 lbs of lean mass . . . do I??

Dolly, you're right! You definitely don't want to be losing any lean mass. Losing body fat is great, losing lean mass will lower your metabolism and make your job of being lean, strong and healthy that much more difficult.

There is a thread in the BFL subforum about using BF% as goals , about half way down the thread is a post giving examples of what BF% at various weights means from a lean mass/bf stand point. It might help you understand a little better.

If you maintain your current LBM of 105 lbs and end up with a BF% of say 22% you'd weight 128 lbs with 23 lbs of fat. While it's not your goal of 105 lbs it would be a weight that you would be lean at. To give you an example a woman with 20% BF weighing in at 150 lbs would be a lot smaller and more compact than one weighing 150 lbs with 30% BF.

Only time will tell just what your end size will be, but I can tell you that getting there with more lean mass will result in a higher metabolism and a body able to handle a lot more food while still staying slim.

HTH
Nat