View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 11:20

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default scuse me did someone say dwinkies hic

Yes I do tipple. I drink red wine......and white wine......and rose wine......lets say I drink wine.

I too gave up for Atkins induction and after two months read Protein power and went whoopee. Nicely timed for Christmas.

However I also love Famous Grouse and soda water. While there are no carbs in spirits and I knew that the pure alchohol would delay weight loss rather than the weight gain through the carbs in Beer and lager (I do like Stella and Grolsch.....how could I watch the world cup and not have on), nevertheless I persisted in my regular nightcap.

If you go to the beginning of my Journal you will see that it was the alcohol that I indentified as the the sole cause of a six week stall.

I stopped for two weeks and the weight began to go again.

There is a post that I started called Black Gold where I announce my discovery that Guinness is a relatively low carb beer ( about 5 carbs for half pint).

But allround as there are positive health benefits with moderate red wine consumption that is now my tipple of choice. famous grouse maybe at the weekends only.