View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 07:04

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default I agree with Teri...

...it depends on what sort of "results" you are asking about. I started low carbing to get my blood sugars under control and that was achieved in about 2 weeks. Getting control of my blood pressure and cholesterol levels took about 6 months. I've been low carbing for about 14 months now and lost about 70 lbs. which averages out to about 5 lbs a month. If you're looking for the weight to melt off you, you are probably going to be frustrated. This is not a crash diet or even necessarily a quick way to lose weight, but it IS a healthy way to lose it that won't leave you feeling like you're starving in a third world country! Taking your time with the weight loss also teaches you how to keep it off for a lifetime as you progress through the different phases and learn what your body can and can't handle. Everyone loses at a different rate depending on their body chemisty, age, gender and their dieting history. Those who have been yo-yo dieters in the past will have a harder time losing than those who have never dieted before. Men and those who are young generally lose quicker than women and those who are older. Certain medications and food sensitivities can also make it hard for you to lose. I look at it this way: it took me 40 years to put on all this weight and get my health to the state it was in. If it takes me 2 or 3 years to lose it again, I'm doing pretty well...that means I've lost it 13 times faster than I put it on.