Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/175/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Howdy from Oregon!

Hi fellow LC-ers.

I'm following Atkins here in Portland, Oregon. I started 4 days ago on a whim. Went to the ATM in my company's cafeteria to get cash to buy my usual latte and bagel and decided to order bacon & eggs instead.

I was on Atkins before, many years ago, with success. Since then I've yo-yoed up & down with weight watchers, lo-fat/hi-carb, "Make the Connection," etc. For the past few years I've tried "eating healthy" (food pyramid) and have only gotten heavier and unhealthier, despite regular exercise.

In the last 2 years I've started taking meds for bp, cholesterol, acid reflux and HRT (yes I have read the HRT posts). I would love to get off as many of the drugs as I can. Another consideration is that I've recently been considering breast reduction surgery. Maybe I can "reduce" them on my own with Atkins!

It seems ironic that Atkins works for me since I am someone who absolutely craves carbs, loves sugar, chocolate, etc. But I do believe the cravings will decrease the further I get into the program.

Well, pardon the lengthy intro.

-Virginia from OR
Sponsored Links