View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 10:54

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Actually, the question was for Rob. Should have made that clear. You're right - I KNOW what you would likely say!

And, yes, so much of whether something gets interpretted as criticism or support depends on the person receiving the input. The best we can do is phrase things so as to minimize the sting it might have - but even then some people are not going to receive it well unless it conforms to THEIR party line.

But if we let that stop us from offering the insight and information, then, IMNSHO, we have defeated the main purpose of the forum altogether.

I think this debate is very good. It has given a lot of people a few things to think about. I would imagine that several people will be a bit more tactful in how they convey certain types of information. And I suspect that more than one person has taken the information offered by LC Sponge at the beginning to heart and grown in the right direction as a result. Many of the others are at least more aware of the direction they need to go even if they aren't ready to move their quite yet.