View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Teri, what I think the doctor was saying was that in these 5 particular cases, the women were all using large amounts of soy and they all had the cancer. I'm sure he sees more than 5 cases of endometrial cancer in a year, but if you see a concentrated pattern in young women who are all doing the same thing, you may make the connection. Especially if this percentage is high among the users of soy and you have done the research and have seen the connection other places (as Sloan Kettering)

I know we all want to believe what we want to believe. I also see alot of "parroting" of opinions. We must learn to be objective and sort out the truths for ourselves. Non of us are of the type that we believe all we read or we wouldn't be on this woe in the first place. But when I read that something can be this harmful, I tend to be cautious. As for the woe, how can something like eating meats and all those fresh veggies be dangerous?

I realize that my statements about soy are contrary to the thoughts of most of the "experts" on this board, but I will avoid it.