View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Post My doctor's warning

Today I had my annual gyno check up. While discussing my dosage of HRT, I mentioned that I sometimes ate soy. He told me that soy contains estrogens and no matter what type of estrogens they are, the body still recognizes them as estrogen.

In his words "soy is a dangerous, dangerous product. STAY AWAY FROM IT!" He said that the estrogens in soy are not regulated and they can vary in batch to batch as well as product to product. He said that some products contain more than anyone could possible eat in a day's time.

He also told me that this year alone, he has seen 5 cases of endrometrial cancer directly related to soy. He said the women all felt that soy was healthy for them. It is especially harmful to take estrogen alone (without the progesterin) if you have not had a hysterectomy. He also said that he treats numerous cases of infertility that are directly related to soy.

I felt I should tell you this because on this board there has lately been a clear message that soy is a better source of protein than whey. He says that message is coming from the soy producers and that we should avoid soy because if we take it, we are asking for major problems down the line.

Carol

For me, I will stick to the whey protein!
Sponsored Links