View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:34
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Motivational Ideas

Okay. Swartz, I hope this doesn't sound stupid. Have you ever watched Ally McBeal on TV? One season she was REALLY into a theme song. Well, I love music and it MOTIVATES me if it's the right kind. So, I picked one that is the over all theme of my diet plan. When I'm really getting down or whatever, I listen to it. As loud and many times as it takes (which isn't many). My song is CONTROL by Janet Jackson. It's on her Rhythm Nation CD. It's old, but VERY motivating to ME! You ought to give it a try! If there isn't one song that's particularly motivating, make a whole CD of various songs that inspire you.

Also, I have a inspirational saying that get's me going. Here is mine..."With God, If I can see it, I can achieve it!"

I try to visualize the thin me too. I see myself in my favorite clothes and in CONTROL! It's great and very motivating for me. I like what was said earlier about visualizing tempting foods and making them poisonous or sticking to you. I think I'm going to do that one. Some people call it prayer or meditation. But it's a powerful way of keeping motivated!

The other thing is this forum! It's great to read tips and how others overcome their obstacles in this new WOL.

Good luck. Hang in there!

See that thin you? It's worth it ... isn't it?