Thread: Yo-Yo dieting
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 04:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

I'm also a member of the YoYo-Club and am now paying for it.

My first time on Atkins 4 years ago I lost 30 lbs in 3 months and it was very easy. Then I went back to my bad eating habits and started gaining. So I'd restart Atkins again I cannot even count how many times. Sometimes it only lasted a day or two, but on the "good" tries, I'd usually loose around 5 to 10 lbs in a week or even less (mostly water, I know) and then get stuck and give up very quickly.

I finally ate my way up to 172 lbs - my most ever not counting pregnancies - and out of all of my clothes. I think I got my wake-up call when the only thing that still fit comfortably were the sweats I wore during that last pregnancy - the kid's 11 now!!!

So I restarted Atkins again Mid-May, and quickly dropped 10 lbs. to 162 and just as quickly back up to 167. That was all in under 2 weeks. Since then I've been stuck somewhere around 163/64 (not counting that one glorious morning, where the scales showed 159 - which didn't last - was morning after I had a few Pepsi One's & Rum - must have been dehydrated pretty bad even so I flooded myself with water before the drinks).

But anyway, I've been stuck for around 4 weeks now but have decided that I am NOT giving up. For one I know that as soon as I did, I'd go nowhere but up. And I know it will work IF I stick with it.

It would be good to know how long that'll be, but I don't expect an answer - this is probably even more a YMMV issue than most others.

Either way, after doing so very well the first time, this is very frustrating.