View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 20:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236/154
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi,
I'm just new here and I was thrilled to see that they have a group with other Fibroites. I don't know what test your mum had, but this is no particular test to determine if one has FM. FM is dx by seeing if one suffers with chronic pain for at least 3 months and has at least 11 out of the 18 tender points. Many tests are done to rule out other diseases that can mimic FM. It does sound as though you could have FM, considerin the pain that you suffer when your cat walks on you, and the pain when playing around with your hubby.
I do believe FM is heritardy although no one in my family has ever suffered with it, but I have heard of other families that mother and daughter or daughter's suffer together. There are some great web sites on FM with lots of info and many support groups. Up until recent times and I guess even today doctors did think it was just some neurotic women's complaint and that it was all in the mind. Today though it is becoming more readily recognisable and being dx more. I was dx with FM about 5 years ago although I had suffered to a lesser degree for many years before. It would be a good idea to get yourself checked out by a doctor to rule out anything else.

Debbie