View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%

Grrreat post LC. Particularly like {LC: My advice is to stick with the program, steadily and totally -- without micro managing and psychoanalysing every step.... and do this until you get to goal. } So easy. Stalls are ok – Gaining means something is going wrong with how I am following the program. I find just going back over my notes, getting back to a daily journal entry, and strict(er) Induction phase brings me back on track. Some of the agggggggonising I read about is just sooo unnecessary – mountains out of molehills, with hindsight (of course). Jenn has a point – it takes a few weeks of micromanaging to get into the rhythm – I was like that to begin with and it was initially focussing on the weight that brought health. Now it must be at least 4 weeks since I even thought of stepping on the scales.

{Karen: You can bring a person who wants to lose weight to the refreshing stream of low-carb knowledge, but you can't make them drink it...especially if they don't like water } Nice one. So true. Eat (LC); drink a lot, enjoy the journey – Simple unless I want to complicate things.

{AC: On a different note but the same obsessive behavior as our stallers is the ketostix. Pink, purple, deepest purple....it's the same thing. Ketosis is ketosis is ketosis .} I was lucky there. My ketostix never changed colour – even during induction when I lost 8 lbs. I just stopped using them after the first month. Carb hangover symptoms tell me immediately if I am out of ketosis.

Doreen love the image that your advice brought to mind. Plateaus are times on the journey up the mountain to take in the scenery – see how beautiful life is, a moment to reflect the difference in view from the bottom of the mountain to wherever it is I am now.

Claudia, I like that word too: passion. It has lots of different meanings for me. Passion for life, passion for LCing; passion for nature - in fact without passion there is no meaning to life. I guess obsession could be construed as passion with the scale tipping a little on the wrong side of a proper balance.

Take care,