View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 15:32

Plan: Doctor's Prescribed Plan
Stats: 274/169/144 Female 5' 5"
BF:60%/42%/22%
Progress: 81%
Arrow ...UH OH...

*cowering down and hoping that no one will throw rotten fruit at me for sharing this*

I have been on anti-depressants for about one month now, and I really do feel like they have helped me tremendously.

I feel like medication can be used as a tool to help in dealing with the events that cause depression/anxiety. Medication all by itself might not produce long-lasting changes, but I feel that it can be used as a starting place toward achieving wellness.

I don't think that all medication is bad, but I do feel that there are times when doctors prescribe medicine when it actually isn't necessary. Sometimes a change in eating/exercise/vocation is what is needed, and sometimes there are chemical problems that must be corrected through medicines.

I suppose each person is different and what works for one doesn't work for another. I feel blessed that my doctor evaluated my situation closely before prescribing any sort of anti-depressant...and I feel blessed that the medication prescribed is indeed helping me to deal with the issues that I need to deal with in my life.

When used properly as a tool toward providing assistance in dealing with the REAL issues or causes behind anxiety and depression, medicine can be very beneficial. (At least it has been for me personally.)