#52   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 08:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Arrived oh so late...

WOW, what a spirited thread!

What more can I possibly add that hasn't already been shared?

I guess all I can do is post my experience for the benefit of those people who may be new here...

...I totally obsessed about LCing when I started. No doubt about it. And I wouldn't go back and change that behavior if I could. It was totally important and necessary for me to obsess about my new WOE because I knew if I didn't immerse myself I would fail and would most likely cut my life seriously short. I'm not being dramatic here, just honest.

Did I obsess about my ketostix? Yes, for 2 weeks during Induction. Did I bother with them ever again after that? No. Never.

But I had (have) a great deal of weight to lose, and I remained at Induction levels for several months before I finally allowed myself to even consider adding in just a few extra carbs. When I finally did eat 2 LC tortillas, I did so with great caution. I stared at them on my plate and contemplated whether I was about to throw away all the progress I had made. I recalled my father telling me that when "dieting" as he had done, it was important to never take that first bite of the forbidden foods, for to do so would mean total failure.

I ate the totillas, and they were great. My weight loss continued. But I still add in extra carbs or little bits of this and that with caution and consideration.

If that's obsessing, so be it. TO EACH HIS/HER OWN!

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL DO WHAT WORKS FOR US.

Bottom line for newbies: Staying focused and learning all you can about your new WOE is good. It may be hard to imagine right now, but you probably will relax as you get more and more comfortable with this WOE as a lifetime thing. It becomes second nature. Educate yourselves now in LC cooking and prep and you'll find you have time to relax and enjoy life later.

For any of the new members who have read and posted here, I hope you will continue to explore every question that you have. My journal is always open...

Good luck & good health to all...

Donald
Attached Images
File Type: gif computerguy.gif (4.5 KB, 130 views)