View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 00:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been squirming around trying to find the words to portray the thought.

If you look at the posting history of some of people who have spent a long time here, you will see the tone change, you will see what there focus of the moment - or week, or month - is by what and the way they write. They are expressing what they know of themselves.

Down on dairy? - their posts will reflect it by the way they answer. Introspective? - their posts will reflect it by the way they answer. On top of the world? - their posts will reflect it by the way they answer. Fighting with carbs? - their posts will reflect it by the way they answer.

I look at this forum as a really big thing that goes beyond just what happens in these posts. There are literally thousands of people who can and do read them. One group will have an "aha moment of enlightenment". One will think "what a whiny bunch of fat people". Another will think "this is too much for me" or "I'm not ready for this" or "I'm being attacked" or "how thoughtful".

One of the most important things I've learned is that what people say and the way they act has much to do with them, and them only. Getting comfy with this is one of the pieces of the puzzle that is restoring me to sanity.

All is about me and nothing is about me. All is about you and nothing is about you.

Karen