Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 18:19
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckchic
The beginning of this thread was phrased in an advice type format....no? The advice to grow up I found to be very condecending and to lack compassion. I will speak for only myself on this matter, although I am sure that others feel the same. I did not get where I am today by being immature or foolish. I got where I am today by making misinformed decisions. I am now trying to inform myself . If this means to obsess....then so be it. I am here for advice and support on this WOL....not for advice on my personality or lack thereof. This thread ...............argggg what's the use !!!!

Well, if all you read from the first post is the "grow up" part, I can see how you will misunderstand it. I personally can list many common mistakes that require people to grow up in order to overcome their self-imposed obstacles.

So if you really insist that the post was adressing you, then you admit to psychoanalyzing every single step to death. "If you pick apart every minute, every second, you may very well reach goal, but still be miserable"

Is this is exactly what you are doing right now? If so, how can this be healthy for your mind and body? As this is a support forum, I really would advice you and in one in such misery to stop doing this to yourselves. It's no way to live. Sorry if this offends you, but that's what should be said in those extreme cases.

Wa'il