View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:42

Plan: restarting Protein Power
Stats: 185/?/147
BF:
Progress: 63%

I don't have any kids of my own, but hey, we were all kids once? I don't want to overstate this, but I agree with razzle's point. Would you be quite so hesitant to deprive your children of cocaine? I think not.

Course, your answer to that is that cocaine is definitely bad for them, whereas sugar is only questionably bad. But let's take this further. Will an anti-drug attitude help to prevent your children grow into addicts? With any luck it will, but it might not, because when they grow up, they make their own choices. Is the occasional snort of white lines likely to kill your children? Probably not. Well, at least not straight away, anyway, unless they happen to be on monoamine oxidase inhibitors, which is unlikely if you don't know about it. But saying that is not the same thing as encouraging it. Much the same thing applies to sugar (except for the MAO inhibitor bit of it).

So, I for one think you're doing the right thing by bringing up your children on a low carb diet. Not quite sure what to make of sunni's post yet, though.