#2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 09:24
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hear you frodo.

You are not alone. Many people on this forum are facing similar issues. Today, do something for yourself that you really enjoy. Have a bubble bath. Curl up on the couch with a big pile of blankets. Call a time out for yourself.

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of complex and intertwined issues that are mental, emotional. physical and spiritual.

Contemplate making a commitment to one thing. Usually the physical things are the easiest to take on at first.

I will let you in on what has happened to me since I started low-carbing. At first I was going full steam ahead with the physical - the low-carbing aspect. It wasn't easy at first, but staying away from sugar helped to clear my head and gave me room to look at the other three aspects of my nature and how I was crafting my life.

Low-carbing was a piece of the puzzle that has helped me on my quest for sanity.

For all the rest of your being, there is counselling, therapy and self-help groups like Overeaters Anonymous.

As part of a plan of action, I would like to suggest reading the Schwarzbein Principle. It has a very balanced approach.

Take care of yourself, just for today.

Karen