View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 18:08

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Hi and welcome. I occasionally mix my own protein shake from the basic recipe I got out of a book by Dana Carpendar("How I gave up my low fat diet and lost 40 pounds") I feel it is balanced , fairly sp., quick and easy. I have it when I am in a hurry or just don't really want much of a breakfast, although it does require hf store shopping to have the items at hand.

I use: 1/3 cup of powdered dry milk ~which isn't very sp (because I don't like soy milk)but you could use a soy milk, yogurt or watered down cream. I suppose you could use some cottage cheese also watered down (but personally that doesn't appeal to me anymore than eggs appeal to you)

I also use powdered dry egg whites ( I don't know if you can stand the whites or not but they do have a lot of protein if you like them.)

add powdered (LC) protein powder (I use one from 'Trader Joe's)/lecithin granules( these could make up for the egg yolk) a little flax seed/wheat germ/& or nut butter,fresh or frozen fruit or extracts and stevia to sweeten there are many varities/combos. I find these combos real thick but you could use a little guar gum in it also to thicken. Of course whirl in the blender or food processor.

I sometimes have some cottage cheese with fruit or veggies/ a piece of good ww toast spread with a healthy nut butter for a quick no cook breakfast.