View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

MLS,

Wow! I came into this forum subject to post a question about making chcolate bars and there was your question. I am also a confirmed chocoholic and have been experimenting to find a way to make chocolate bars!

The best result so far has been :

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 ounce paraffin (to prevent melting at room temperature)
2 T. butter
2 T. heavy cream
Sweetener to taste
Nuts or flavorings as desired (peppermint was good)

Melt the chocolate, paraffin, and butter in a double boiler. heat cream a bit in microwave until warm, not hot. Add cream and sweetener to chocolate mixture and pour into a mold the shape of a chocolate bar. Let cool. Makes 2 bars.

I used the bottoms of two cream cheese boxes for the molds and made inserts with freezer paper. It worked really well and my DH took a candy bar to work today.

I love these, but DH says the chocolate taste is too intense (but he eats them anyway, of course ) And that's why I was going to post a question, to ask how to tone down the intense chocolate taste somewhat.

Milk chocolate has dry milk solids, which would make the bars too high in carbs, so I dismissed that.

But I am going to try your idea, fleadogs, and see if I can't find some cocoa butter at one of the web sites that sell candymaking supplies! Thanks and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Karla