View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:00

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

This is just one woman's opinion , but it looks nicely balanced to me. I know you are anxious to show a loss on the scale, personally when I am pushing for that I try to not have my heavier carbohydrate snacks like chocolate in the evening as it is assumed that items like that are not 'burned' as effieciently as if earlier in the day. Also, personally, ( I am 50 and hypothyroid ~ so maybe this isn't true of all,) but I cannot consume wine very often, especially late, without it showing up on the scale or waistline!

When trying to lose, the higher glycemic veggies like potatoes,peas, and beets portions usually have to be carefully controled. I always see the most progress with losing (the evil scale) when I stuff down as many low glycemic veggies and fruits (berries, berries, berries) as possible. Courgettes (I had to check that in my dictionary) are terrific also - very low glycemic) I like to use them as pasta replacement or additions by slicing them with a potato peeler as suggested in a Suzanne Somer's cookbook.

I always study the 'low fat' dressings labels here (U.S.) as they are frequently higher sugar than the 'regular~full fat ones' (and not as tasty anyway!

Keep up the good work and keep us informed!