View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 20:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

I, too, cannot 'swim' -- panic if my face gets in the water. But I still love my pool! I can keep myself afloat -- back float, my version of a side stroke, and 'swim' as long as my face doesn't get in the water.

I do love to walk/run in my pool! It's the greatest exercise. I never get too hot no matter what the temperature outside, and there's no stess on the joints. I only missed one day of pool jogging this past week.

I really admire all of you who can swim. I watch my kids and grandkids go down water slides, jump in the pool, and they have such a great time! Maybe some day I'll try taking lessons to see if I can overcome my fear, but at age 51 I might be too old and set in my ways.

With my grandson (he is 8 years old and we are raising him, so he is more like a son than a grandson), we don't lounge in the pool. When I'm not running, we're playing water basketball, water volleyball, water ping pong (yes, we have a floating ping pong table!), keep away, tag, racing, etc. There is never a dull moment!

Swimmer, I wish I could send you some of our rain -- it's rained several day each week since the snow quit.