#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Default 1 Week on Induction and Feeling Weak

Hi guys! I'm hoping one of you experts can "diagnose" my problem. Sorry in advance for the length of this post.

I am on the 8th morning of induction. The last couple of mornings I have felt really weak and kind of dizzy when I get out of bed. The feeling lasts for a few hours. Yesterday, everything went black for a few seconds, kind of like when a person hasn't eaten in a couple of days.

I think I have been eating pretty well. My BMR is 1318, so I have been eating in the 1450-1650 range, mostly in the 1500's.

My diet has consisted of mostly "pure foods". I have been eating:

hamburger or turkey burger patties with mayo and mustard prawns and crab soaked in butter
tuna with mayo and 1 dill pickle
pork loin steaks
beef tenderloin steaks
chicken thighs and drumsticks with the skin
hard boiled eggs, about 2 every other day
2.5-3 cups romaine lettuce with sliced cucumber, 1.5 hard boiled eggs and 3T low carb Caesar dressing everyday

I drink 120-160 ounces of water per day and nothing else.

That's about it. I don't like very many foods other than junk food, so I mix and match the above items everyday. I haven't eaten any processed meats or any dairy and no snack food of any kind. I plan to add those foods later once I have my addiction under control.

On an average day, my ratios have been around 65% fat, 3% carbs,32% protein according to Fitday.

My BMR is 1318
My total calories burned are 1700-something to 2000-something (depending on exercise and daily activities)
I have been eating 1450-1650
I do some form of cardio or toning exercises 6 days a week 30-60 minutes.

I think I am eating enough since sometimes on non-active days I eat close to what I burn. The only thing I can think of is that my body is used to getting 3000 or more calories a day and this is a shock to my system. Or, maybe I am ust going through a normal induction phase.

BTW, I have lost 5 pounds in 7 days, but I don't count the first two because I know I was bloated from all the carbs I ate the day before I started the diet. From past experience, those two pounds would have gone away in a day or two anyway. I was down 2 pounds the second day after the bloating went away.

Day 1: 122
Day 2: 120
Day 3: 119
Day 4: 118.5
Day 5: 118.5
Day 6: 118
Day 7: 117
My body fat % (according to my scale) has stayed at 26%.

Why am I feeling so weak and dizzy? Can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you!
Sponsored Links