View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:18

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Candice I have a few suggestions for you.

Quote:
The only veggies I will eat are broccoli (cooked) & corn. one of which I can not eat. I mean I will eat lettuce, I don't mind that at all as long as it has something on it, & sometime I will eat celery if it has something on it also.

Eat the broccoli - it's a wonderful choice. High in fiber and iron. If you're going to use lettuce choose romaine (the kind they use in ceasar salads) it's the highest in fiber. Try throwing a cup of spinach in with your lettuce, you'll hardly notice it with the dressing.

You're going to find that over the course of your LC journey something amazing is going to happen. Your tastes are going to change. Foods you didnt used to like will taste 'different'.

Vegetables like asparagus and zucchini are foods I never used to enjoy - but now? Drenched in butter and parmasan cheese?

Remember, to get calories up use fat. Fat is calorie dense (it has 9 calories per gram as opposed to protein and carbs which have 4 calories per gram). Fat is your friend. A little goes a long way. One tablespoon of butter has 120 calories, 0 carbs = all FAT.

Fry everything in butter and / or olive oil. Throw hard boild eggs, olives and avocados into your salads. Cook and eat your chicken and chicken wings with the skin on. Choose fattier cuts of meat. Use twice the amount of mayonnaise you'd normally use.

Rosebud is right - cheese is something that varies from person to person. I personally have no problem with it - many don't. Until you've discovered that you do, eat it! It's packed with fat and protein and it does a great job getting calories up.

Nat