View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 10:37

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I agree with the other posters about the scales, except I can never stay off! The thing that has worked for me to not be discouraged is to realize it is just *one* tool of measurement (and not always accurate & very fickle)! Other tools are the tape measure, how clothes fit, the feeling of flabby areas firming, and the control gained over cravings for food items that are bad for our bodies. If you give it enough time you will see this.

Unless you have very expensive scales they vary according to where they are placed on the floor, how you step on them, etc. Also women's weight depends so on hormones, time of month, whether you have used the bathroom etc. They can be a helpful tool, but *not* the end all and be all. Come on, we are smarter than they are!

Remember that this is a plan to get away from yo-yo dieting where we lose a quick 10-20 lbs. then gain it back with friends coming along also(extra lbs. regained).

I have found that consistent exercise helps me progress in the above mentioned ways. Not over exercising (that makes you tired, hungry and can cause injuries) , but the recommended 20-30 minutes 3-4 xs wkly. I find walking the dog or walking like I am late for an appointment helps. (for cardio/aerobics). Also it is great getting outdoors seeing nature, forgetting stresses, thus releasing tension, for 20-30 minutes. This could also give you time for yourself, which will be a requirement for your sanity as you plan a wedding! By the way ~~ congratulations!

There is a website that talks about using light weights in an "8 minutes in the morning routine" that I have found helpful, maybe you & others will too:
http://www.jorgecruise.com/