#8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 21:32
Registered Member

Plan: lean for life
Stats: 168/159/129
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile Keep going!

Melameter, congratulations on your progress so far!

It may seem hard to take when you've been so good and the scale has not rewarded you yet - but it WILL!

I try to think about it this way - I would be happy losing 1 to 2 pounds per week (better than gaining!) so if I lose 3 or 4 or 5 in one week I'll just take it as an advance to the next week - that way if I don't lose anything the next week I'll just feel like I'm at the point I need to be at this time.

It would be great if weight loss was linear - I would know what I have to do, and how much weight would come off to the second - but it does not work that way and seems to happen in spurts. Unfortunately most of us panic and feel that we are doing something wrong or that our body just won't cooperate. Just be patient.

And also make sure to take note of other factors - like measurements!

Do you exercise? Starting to work out will not only make you feel great, but may also boost your weight loss.

Finally, the support can take you a long way - and it is wonderful that you found this forum because one thing it's full of is support! I personally am thrilled - its a lot easier when you don't do your journey alone.

Best of luck!