#7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 19:31
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Here are my observations and hints.

1) Very first thing I want you to do is look at the label on the low-carb candy bar. How many servings are in each bar? The ones I ate at first were Carbolite bars and they counted each bar as being FOUR servings - with 2 carbs per serving. No more Carbolite bars for me!!

2) I would say trade in the candy bars for the Ranch dressing!! You really, really need your salads and vegetables and that may be part of your solution, too. They provide essential micronutrients that you just won't get out of a pill. If you stick to the plan, soon you'll find you really crave the taste of good veggies....what could be better than that!!?

3) You might want to try cutting back on salt....watch the sausage, fajitas, and especially pork rinds! I know its hard to do, but just be aware of how much salty foods you're eating and don't do too many in one day.

You really are doing fine otherwise. You haven't "stalled" or anything, your body is just going through its normal adjustments. I go for weeks without losing anything and then suddenly I'll lose 2-3 lbs overnight. This is quite common and is something you have to learn to get used to or else you can get quite discouraged.

My best advice is to just get comfortable with this WOE and accept that it may (or may not) take more time than you expected for the weight to come off. You're enjoying your foods, your energy level and general feeling of health and well being....above all you're not hungry, nor do you feel guilty when you have a snack between meals.... all those benefits are really worth whatever downside you may have to deal with, right? And what's the alternative anyway?

Just stick around these boards, stay away from sweets as much as possible, EAT YOUR SALADS, and keep drinking that water!! A loss of 1-2 lb./ month would be considered a success for you, so keep that in mind and just hang in there!!