#11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 18:49

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hello,

May I please inject my big nose?

Firstly, I want to say that way back when I weighed a mere 225 pounds, not too fat for someone of my stature and only about 25 pounds over my goal weight, I went to JENNY CRAIG.

I had an extremely physical job at that time and needed waaaaaaaaaay more calories than the pathetic 1100 they wanted me to have--and most of them from--you guessed it--carbs.

I told them I was having a hard time with so few calories, and I was not losing any weight to boot! I decided to take matters into my own hands and increased my caloric count an additional 1500 calories!!! I ate more protein, but not too much more fat (still thinking low fat was the bomb).

Guess what happened? I lost weight, and they couldn't believe it! I actually managed to lose about 20 pounds, but as soon as I went back to the carbs I was eating before BAM! All on and then a downward (or upward) spiral on the scale to over 300.

Fast forward to now. I used to keep a record of all I was eating on the SP when I first started for about the first 2 months with this program I downloaded called WEIGHT BY DATE (from www.provariant.com I think).

I input all the foods from Trader Joe's and other brands that I was eating so that I would have the EXACT amounts of fat, carbs, calories, etc.

You will fall off your chair when you find out how many calories I was and am still eating. Brace yourselves....

Somedays, over 6,000 calories, depending on whether or not I have ice cream, snacks, etc.!

And yet, I have lost 27 pounds! I've lost a lot of inches and 2 dress sizes, bras size, underwear went from a 14 to an 11 (that's a big loss in my booty!).

On 4000-6000 calories a day? Amazing, but true. And yes, I consider myself VERY insulin resistant, but on the way to healing. Your mileage may vary, this is just my 2 cents.

--TheBetty