Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Hi Vanessa!

Welcome to the forum!

There is no law that says you must eat "breakfast food" for brekky. I often have chicken wings, lamb chops or a portion of leftover dinner from the night before. Try thinking outside the box.
I often make "muffin" frittatas (frittatas baked in a muffin tray). Very handy if you need to take breakfast with you as they are just as good cold as hot. You can take any quiche recipe and simply omit the pastry. For example, salmon frittata (makes 6) 4 eggs, dollop of cream, handful of grated cheese, small can salmon, chopped spring onion or other veg if I can be bothered.

Like Reymi, I have never had a protein shake, nor am I 'specially interested in having one! Many of the folk here who have them, are lifting weights and have higher protein requirements.

Vanessa, you mentioned in your journal not keeping track of your carbs. At the very beginning, I didn't count them, simply followed Dr As guidelines.
Nowadays, I use www.fitday.com which is a very handy free website, where you list your day's intake and it gives you a list of calories, carbs etc.

Good luck to you matey. If you have more questions (we all have heaps at first!), you can ask them here, or in the "Newbies Questions" forum. You are very welcome to step into my journal if there is anything I can help you with personally.

Rosebud

PS: Whereabouts in Oz are you?