View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 04:56

Plan: X Factor
Stats: 154/130/112
BF:
Progress: 57%

Guerita - going back to your original question. If you eat a certain number of calories in fat, you will feel very full and satisfied, and will stay that way for some hours until your next meal time. If you eat the same number of calories from non-fats, you won't feel full or satisfied and you will probably then eat more and add more calories BEFORE your next meal is due. BUT - and this is a very important BUT in my book - A calorie is a calorie. I am quite small (5 ft), am near target (1 stone to go to my weight goal), and I could live on cream, butter, nuts, seeds (well, almost!) I HAVE to limit my calorie intake - whether from fats, carbs or protein (I personally favour fats and proteins and can do without carbs). You have to bear in mind that many people on this and other LC forums who post their food intake and give out hints and tips may have as much weight to lose as my current body weight and they can eat literally twice as many calories as I can in a day without putting on weight. So when they say "don't worry about calories/fats" this is relevant to THEM at THEIR weight (the bigger you are, the more calories your metabolism uses - as your weight decreases, so your intake has to decrease). I know that I personally have a very fine line between eating too much: SINCE LOW CARBING, if I eat above 1700 cals a day I start to put weight on; between 1300 & 1700 cals per day I maintain - which I'm looking forward to when I'm there! ; below 1300 cals I lose weight . BUT if I eat below 1100 cals a day I MAINTAIN. This is also interesting: when I was on a low fat diet, I lost weight when eating between 900 - 1100 cals a day, and put weight on if I ate more than 1400 a day (never could go below 900 so no idea what would have happened!!)