View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 18:17

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%
Default Body Image

The last few days I've been thinking about how people don't have an accurate perception of their own body. I've initiated coversations with several women I know and its always come out the same, they perceive themselves to be a more extreme case(either bigger or smaller than they are). For example, my mom is really rather thin, very tiny actually, and she looks at women like Calista Flockheart and says "Do I look that sickly skinny?" whereas I look at bigger women I know and am like "Am I as big as her?" How many of you do that?

The odd thing is that even at 250lbs on my 5'4" frame, I always accepted myself for what I was, and how my body was. I could see beauty in my body. I think that is one thing that makes me glad I was big at one time(once I've lost the weight, I will NEVER let myself gain it back) I have friends who are size 7's, or size 5's and they don't have an appreciation for their own bodies like I do, even when I outweighed them by 100+lbs...its fascinating in a sad way how warped our perceptions are of our own bodies.
Sponsored Links