Thread: Low Thyroid
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:56

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

For 4 years, I was given just about every type of anti-depression medication, diet pills (prescription too!), weight watchers (gained weight with them!)

My T4 and TSH were within normal TSH was 2.1 not sure what T4 was anymore, BUT, one day when I was in for a follow up, my body temp was 94.7!!! Well an alarm finally went off and I was send to an endocrinologist.

My readings were normal, BUT, I was also given a sonogram of my thyroid, showed a nodule on it and it was ever so slightly enlarged. which meant to my dr. that it is working hard to keep up to the normal levels!!!

I am now on 150mcg of synthroid, and have to be very careful of what I eat, or I don't lose, I even gain "overnight" or at least it seems that way. (Don't look at my journal today I was a bad girl yesterday :lol

Well, that was over a year ago, and I no longer take anti drepressants, thyroid troubles mimic depression!!!! Weight gain and depression should definitly be looked at with other means than just taking prozac or zoloft!! I haven't been on any other med other than my synthroid for over a year and a half!!!

There are some areas that are higher with they thyroid troubles than others, it has becom an epidemic... some are relating it to water, something to do with the high levels of chlorine and it destroys the iodine in your system that your thyroid needs. Most salt it iodized, but I dont' use it so I am not getting the supplement that it has... iodine is a big factor in thyroid health. I don't know all the details but get a referral to another doc.