View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 03:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

May I add my congratulations on your weight loss so far.

I know what you mean about confusion with supplements. I was interested in what Fiona saying about them being more popular over in the US.

For a long time before I started this way of life I have been taking 1g of vitamin C a day. I believe it helps on the cold front. However, since starting this way of life I have had a multi mineral and vitamin tablet everyday.

On top of that I also take cod liver oil capsules. I tried taking evening primrose, but found they gave me headaches.

I took additional chromium at first, but did not notice much difference. There is some chromium in my multimineral, as well.

As time went on I felt a bit light headed at the gym and based on people's experiences on this site added cheleted potassium - I've had no problems since.

Very recently I got quite bad cramp in the back of my leg and took additional calcium and magnesium and this stoped the spasams very quickly.

So its up to you how many you want to take, but I would certainly recommend a good multivitamin and mineral as a basis.

Every success with your wight loss.