Thread: Scale Dilema!
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-02, 09:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Yes Rusty! I feel your pain!! Those darn scales are not always the most motivational things.

If you are like many of us here that are having an affair with our scales you may want to either hide (or give away...temporarily) that scale or make a certain day of the week the IMPORTANT weigh in day. If you must weigh in everyday, make a specific day of the week your comparison day to compare week to week or month to month in order to get the overall loss in perspective.

If you haven't already gone to Fitday.com, you can go there and post your weight everyday to come up with a graph like Marlaine's to get a visual over time. I know when I step on the scale and see a gain after a good day I am setting myself up for a depressing day. When I go in and look at my progress over a certain period of time and see a downward trend, my spirits lift every time.

Growing up I never had a problem with my weight. I was moderately active and must have had a great metabolism because I could eat more than my father when I was 10 years old. My brother, on the other hand, hit 8 years old and developed what we would now consider a "beer belly" of sorts and he was WAY more active than I was. He was always a big guy, but played sports and exercised everyday and ate well. There just seems to be no way of accounting for metabolism, it is such an individual thing. It would be a perfect world if it was supposed to speed up instead of slow down as we age, but I guess we can't have it all!

One of my best friends decided at 5'10" and 305lbs that he wanted to change his life and went LC and went down to about 180. He's actually trying to GAIN weight now in the form of muscle mass. He was very dedicated and started working out a lot and the transformation has been absolutely astounding. He is a great source of inspiration to me. I know that it can be done, as I have seen it with my own eyes. Have faith that with hard work and dedication it can happen for you too.

I hope you don't mind me posting here as I don't have much left to lose, but it is still a fair bit on a girl of my frame. I just wanted to share some of my experiences with you. Keep up the great work!!

KC