View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 12:09

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default not an expert, but ...

Sounds like you have a homeopathic product in your hand.

No offense to any homeopaths out there, but I have never seen a homeopathic remedy work. I tried EVERYTHING (including homeopathic remedies) when I first started my weight loss effort, and the only things that worked were:

(1) Strict attention to caloric intake.
(2) Strict attention to macronutrient intake.

#1 and #2 both require you to keep a "food diary" and do a little math at the end of each day. It is necessary have this level of attention to detail if you really want to maximize your efforts.

(3) Constantly increase or intensify your exersise program. If you aren't exercsing now, start walking just 5 minutes per day. Then increase that each time you go out to walk again. When you get to 45 minutes, increase your pace. ALWAYS MAKE YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINE HARDER THAN THE ONE YOU DID YESTERDAY! You can change the length of the workout, the speed at which you do the exercise, the amount of weight you use, etc.

(4) Proper hydration. Drink .6 ounces of water for every pound of bodyweight you have. THAT MEANS WATER!! Coffee, juice, cola, etc. DON'T COUNT.

When all of that is together, and you STILL hit a stall in fat loss (stall is also called plateau) THEN consider supplements.

The only ones that really work for fat loss are (unfortunately) stimulant based. Protein bars and shakes are good ways to have nutrient dense "snacks" between meals, but they should never take the place of real food (so, no "all Atkins Shake diets")

If you need help with any of this, send me a private message and we can work it out. And then we will post it here so EVERYONE can benefit!!