#6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 18:42

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusX1
I am horrible at addictions. I smoke about 2 packs a day. I guess I can add carbs and sugar to that list.

Add to that alcoholism and recovering from Bulimia and I can say I walked in those shoes before.

11 years ago I recovered from Bulimia which started me on the way of recovery...unfortunately I gained 60 pounds in the process.
June 2000 I quit smoking.
Jan 2001 I quit drinking.
April 2001 I went on Atkin's to help straighten out the mess I made of my health.

I can honestly say one thing. It takes a lot of commitment, courage and being honest with yourself to make life changes. You have to want to make them. Going at something half assed isn't going to work. You have to be willing to forgive yourself a lot for being weak, but firm enough with yourself to force you to go on and stick with it.

What made me quit smoking and start on the way to recovering was I woke myself up every night several times a night hacking up my lungs from smoking so much. I figured if something didn't give I wasn't going to get lung cancer but something much worse. Emphysema. I was already experiencing shortness of breath if I walked to fast or too long.

I wish you all the best and good luck.