View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 11:06

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Arrow 2 cents

The Andrea Yates story should be a wake up call for all women. Women today are dealing with isolation, lack of support and a disconnectedness, that drives us into depression. We need our family, friends and neighbors to help with the kids, and get involved in each other’s lives. Stay at home mom's have it the hardest in my opinion because of the isolation. However, there are wonderful groups out there intended just for this, M.O.P.S. is just one that I can think of off hand, and many churches have play groups for kids where the mom can also make friends. I say we need to change the way we think first, and then we can change the world. We have to take control and not be controlled by our situations. We have options, we just need to be creative. Some times medication is needed to get us thinking clearly, but you can't just take medication, you have to be willing and able to work on the problems, things don't fix themselves. Maybe therapy is needed to get a fresh perspective on things, or a priest or rabbi can help, or even most local governments have parenting programs, and I know in Syracuse there is a hotline for parents to call. There is help out there but you have to make the first move, things are not hopeless. You have to take personal responsibility for your mental health as well as physical health.