View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 12:53

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

You are right. This stuff is especially bad for the gullible. I tend to be gullible, or at least overly-hopeful. It's a good thing I'm too cheap to buy much! However, related to the hype, I have to admit that I've been disappointed with my initial weight loss. Over two weeks and I've lost 7 pounds. Thing is, that is actually really good, but when you hear about so many people losing SO much weight on low-carb, well, I guess it gets me hoping, because I have so much to lose right now.

So, I thought about ditching the whole damned thing a few days in, but I realized how much $$ I had spent on splenda, pork rinds and other things we never buy, so I decided to stick with it until I ran out. (Once again, being cheap saves the day!) Fortunately, that was long enough for me to realize how much better I feel when I eat like this. My 'goal' has changed from 'lose this much weight a week, and be at my goal weight on this day', to wanting to feel better NOW, have more energy NOW, and eventually be at my healthy weight.

I have added some supplements (vitamins) to my routine, but I'm a bit of a skeptic there. I will likely 'test' them by running out and checking to see if I feel crappier/less crappy/whatever. And, at some point, when I have lost a significant amount of weight, (25-30 lb) I will go to my Dr. and request some blood work, just to see how things are going.

Thank you, Razzle, and the other people who replied - this was a nice little chunk of perspective for me.

-Catinhat