Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 11:30
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 177/166/135
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Okie Party

Heather,

Okay, I'll let it slide that you are not Okie born and bred.

I think that is an excellent idea, a central OK barbeque (sp?). Shawnee isn't that far for me. I'm OKC. I also have a few friends who l/c and would come too.

I'm always intrigued with the other Okies who are l/cing and their progress. So I have to admit, I went through your journal. I'm very impressed. I hope to have as much success as you have had.

My encouragement came from my family. I have two very small built children and a step daughter who just had a child. OK 1. My husband decided he too was overweight. In just a few months he went from 210 to 160. (he's only 5'7" to begin with) 2. After that I decided I didn't want to be the only fat one in my immediate family. 3. My step-daughter just had a baby, and I didn't want to be the FAT grandma. 4.My grandmother died and I didn't have a dark or appropriate dress, so I borrowed one from my mother. My mother has always had a weight problem. My aunt made the comment, "I never thought I would see the day when you would be big enough to share clothes with my sister." THAT DID IT. I had been fat long enough.

I made my decision and I've stuck with it so far.

Goin', goin', the numbers on the scale keep goin' - down.

Until next time.