#6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Now that I know the problems I have to figure out my triggers, so how do I do that?

Try this: When you feel the impulse, have a glass of water and lie down. Breathe deeply and listen to what you are thinking and feel what you are feeling.

Low-carbing seems like a miracle at first because the impulse seems to disappear. When it comes back, it means that the LC honeymoon is over and it's time to start working on what really ails you.

I know it sounds really awful, and it is at first. All these self discoveries and revelations are popping up here and there and you have to figure out what to do with the information. But it eventually becomes very freeing as you work with changing yourself because no matter how much you eat, or how much you try to control it, nothing changes!

There are books that can give you a hand, some people recommend those of Geneen Roth, therapy and as you mentioned 12-step groups. Be open and willing to explore all possibilites. Be open and willing to change. The path that stirs up the greatest amount of internal do-do is usually the right path!

Karen