#4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 13:42

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default no expert

Hi ya Karen!

Sorry nobody responded, but maybe they will since you bumped this up. I'm going to just give you some of my experience for what it's worth.

regarding bf%: find an easy method for you and just use that one. if weighing yourself on your scale every morning gives you a consistant reading, then just use that. all measurements are going to vary regardless, so i suggest just finding ONE that works for you and use it. i am currently using this formula. It may be high or low but it dosen't matter to me because it shows the loss.

Yes, it is possible to lose 4% body fat and only lose 4 pounds. the scale is not your friend. the only reason i weigh myself is to do the calculations for the body fat. I do not care what it says as long as everyday i'm happier with what i see in the mirror. It may sound perverse, but looking at yourself naked (or partically dressed) in the mirror is a much better indicator of what's going on.

eating: invest in some protein powder and/or ready made drinks. you can get 30 grams of protein in one drink. I don't recommend the bars due to "hidden" stuff, but the drinks work great. here's a little info. you can also use the search function in this forum to find more information. Fat is super easy to add (the good kind) a little more olive oil on a salad is one way.

I'm doing BFL, not CKD, so i'm just not that up on what the program is for you. working out on an empty stomach just gives you more bang for the buck. if you can work it in, great. If not, do what works for you. don't stress on perfection. I really don't think that short changing your cardio is going to do noticable harm. besides, what's your option.

goal setting is someting that will come in time. I still don't know what I really want the end result to be except to feel comfortable in my own skin. I know i'll get there and by doing the BFL i'll get there sooner than i thought i would, but i will get there. i'll tell you this though... the scale to read a certain number is NOT my goal.
hope this helps!
regards,
Brenda